4 medium beets
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Coat each beet with a dab of olive oil. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Place each foil wrapped beet on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast small beets for 1 hour and large beets for 1-1/2 hours. Check to see if beets are tender.
- When beets are tender, they are done. Remove them from the oven, allow to cool.
- Peel and slice beets.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic oil and vinegar.
- Arrange beets on a plate and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Serve at room temperature or cool.
Calories 94, Fat 5.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 78mg
Carbohydrates 11.0g, Fiber 2.1g, Sugars 8.0g, Protein 1.9g