1 teaspoon rice vinegar (optional)
2 English muffins
8 slices Canadian bacon
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek style yogurt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon mustard
pinch of ground red pepper
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Gently break apart muffins and partially toast. Set aside.
- Add enough water to a large skillet to fill halfway. Bring to a simmer, not a full boil.
- Add rice vinegar, this helps the egg hold it's shape. (This step is optional.)
- Place 2 slices Canadian bacon on each muffin slice. Toast in toaster oven.
- Crack the eggshell and pour the egg into a measuring cup. Place the egg right at the water level and gently pour the egg into the simmering water.
- Repeat until all eggs are in the water. Poach eggs uncovered for 3-5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Place 1 egg on each muffin with Canadian bacon. Pour 1/4 of the sauce on top of the egg. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Calories 257, Fat 11.3g, Cholesterol 217, Sodium 1044mg
Carbohydrates 16.3g, Fiber 1.0g, Sugars 2.4g, Protein 21.4g