2 cornish game hens (about 1-1/4 pound each)
1 large lemon, cut in half
4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse hens in cold water hens, dry with paper towels.
- Arrange hens on a rack in a 9x11 or 9x13 baking dish with sides.
- Salt and pepper each hen. (optional)
- Place half lemon, 2 cloves garlic and 2 sprigs rosemary in cavity of each hen. Truss legs.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, green onion and garlic. Baste hens with onion mixture.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 inch water or other liquid in bottom of pan. (Make sure liquid does not touch the hens.)
- Roast hens breast side down for 30 minutes.
- Turn hens breast side up, baste again and roast another 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside and golden brown outside.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting each hen in half lengthwise.
Calories 345, Fat 12.4g, Cholesterol 233mg, Sodium 141mg
Carbohydrates 4.6g, Fiber 1.8g, Protein 51.8g