8-12 cucumber slices
8-12 tomato slices
8-12 sliced rings of onion
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 pound fresh cod (or other firm white fish) cut into 4 portions
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
tartar sauce (optional)
4 sandwich rolls
4 lettuce leaves
- In a small flat container with lid, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Pour lemon juice over fish, sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt butter and saute the fish about 3-4 minutes per side.
- On one side of each sandwich roll, place one portion of fish and top with 1 tablespoon tartar sauce.
- Drain the marinated vegetables.
- On the other side of each roll place lettuce, 2-3 slices tomato, 2-3 slices cucumber and 1/4 of the onion slices.
- You may substitute white wine vinegar for the Champagne vinegar.
Calories 317, Fat 6.9g, Cholesterol 47.8mg, Sodium 531.8mg
Carbohydrates 36.6g, Fiber 2.3g, Sugars 9.6g, Protein 26.0g