3/4 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons canola oil (or melted butter)
1 cup flour
1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups fresh sliced fruit or berries
- In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar, let sit for 5-10 minutes to sour.
- Add egg and oil (or butter), mixing well.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the batter.
- Pour milk and egg mixture into the well.
- Stir until blended but still a little lumpy.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on hot griddle.
- Arrange fruit pieces or berries on top of pancakes.
- Flip when pancakes have little bubbles forming on the surface and the edges look dry.
- Cook until golden on both sides. Serve warm with your favorite syrup.
Based on 4 servings with 1-1/2 cups strawberries and 1-1/2 cups bananas.
Calories 273, Fat 9.1g, Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 188mg
Carbohydrates 42.5g, Fiber 2.6g, Sugars 12.1g, Protein 6.8g