1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes (or 1-14.5 ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
4 ounce can fire roasted green chilies
2-6 inch corn tortillas
cilantro for garnish
- Mix tomatoes, onions, garlic in a small bowl. If you prefer a less chunky version, pulse the salsa in a blender until desired consistency.
- Pour salsa in to large skillet, simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Break 1 egg into a 1/4 cup measuring cup and gently pour it into the sauce. Repeat this step for the rest of the eggs.
- Gently simmer (do not boil) 4-5 minutes, cover for the last minute or two to cook the egg whites on top.
- While eggs are gently simmering, spray both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray then heat tortillas on a large skillet over medium high heat. Turn tortillas over and heat the other side.
- When eggs are done, place 1 tortilla on each plate. Arrange 2 eggs and some salsa on top of the eggs. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Calories 231, Fat 9.8g, Cholesterol 430mg, Sodium 124mg
Carbohydrates 13.0g, Fiber 3.0g, Sugars 4.1g, Protein 13.7g