1 bunch of curly kale
spritz of olive oil (refillable oil mister or other cooking spray)
sea salt, herbs and/spices to taste (garlic, soy sauce, red pepper, lemon juice, etc.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line a non-insulated cookie shet with parchment paper.
- Cut the thick ribs from the center of the kale.
- Wash the kale and spin it dry in a salad spinner. Use paper towels to remove any remaining water.
- Place kale on the prepared pan, spay with oil and season.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. The kale should begin to turn brown around the edges.
- Note baking the kale takes some practice. Too little baking time results in limp kale and if baked too long the kale will have a bitter burnt taste.
Per 1 cup serving:
Calories 49, Fat 2.2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 146mg
Carbohydrates6.7g, Fiber 1.3g, protein 2,2g