- Scallops need to be cooked to know more than medium or they will be ruined.
1 pound scallops, rinsed and dried well.
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup Panko plain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, add the garlic and onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the scallops into the melted butter, coating well. Then coat both sides of each scallop with the breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Place scallops in prepared baking dish.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- While scallops are baking, mix the remainder of the butter mixture with the cheese mixture, set aside.
- Remove scallops, top with the butter-cheese mixture and broil for 5 minutes. (I broil them using the second rack level.)
Calories 185, Fat 7.4g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 270mg
Carbohydrates 7.9g, Protein 20.8g