1 pound fresh broccoli cut into bite sized pieces.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 can water chestnuts
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket in medium saucepan with just enough water to touch bottom of steamer basket. Bring water to boil.
- Steam broccoli for 5-6 minutes until it is crisp but tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, swirling to coat the pan evenly.
- Saute garlic until tender.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and lemon juice stirring until warm.
- When broccoli is done, arrange it in a serving dish, add drained water chestnuts.
- Drizzle sauce over vegetables before serving.
Calories 118, Fat 7.2g, Cholesterol 0.0mg, Sodium 333.1mg
Carbohydrate 13.0g, Fiber 3.8g, Sugars 3.6g, Protein 4.1g