8 ounces elbow macaroni (or other small pasta)
1/2 pound ground turkey, lean beef, chicken or pork
1/2 cup chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 thinly sliced roma tomatoes (or 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes)
1/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup (3 ounces) grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when done and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook ground meat, onion and garlic. Drain any fat from pan and discard.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth and oregano. Bring to a simmer, cook 15 minutes.
- Mix pasta into meat/sauce mixture.
- Spoon casserole into prepared baking dish. Stir in cheese.
- Bake covered 30 minutes, or until warm an cheese is melted.
Calories 395, Fat 13.2g, Cholesterol 111mg, Sodium 193mg
Carbohydrates 37.1g, Fiber 1.3g, Sugars 2.5g, Protein 28.4g