1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
2/3 cup brown rice
1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon chopped pecans
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Place dried mushrooms in a bowl. Pour just enough hot water to cover mushrooms. (Allow to sit for 30 minutes to reconstitute mushrooms.)
- Fit a coffee filter or cheese cloth into a strainer to drain mushrooms. Reserve all liquid for boiling rice.
- Chop drained mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring liquid from drained mushrooms and 8 cups of water to boil.
- Rinse and drain rice, add to boiling liquid. Cook for 30-35 minutes. Rice should be tender but slightly chewy.
- Drain rice.
- Place the rice back into the pan. Add the mushrooms, spinach, and pecans.
- In a measuring cup, mix the oil, vinegar and mustard well.
- Pour the sauce over the rice mixture, stir well.
- Place a cover over the pan and allow the rice to sit for about 10 minutes.
Calories 144, Fat 5.9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 7mg
Carbohydrates 18.8g, Fiber 2.1g Protein 3.0g