10 cups water
1 cup brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pork chops (cut into 4 portions)
2 ears husked fresh corn, cut the kernels from the cob
1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup chopped onion
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1 (14.5 ounce) can no-sodium diced tomatoes
1/3 cup Marsala
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon cornstarch+1 tablespoon cold water mixed well
- Bring 10 cups water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Using a strainer, rinse the brown rice well. Add rice to boiling water.
- Cook rice uncovered for 30 minutes. (You will be boiling the rice just like when you make pasta.)
- While rice is cooking, heat a large skillet with oil.
- Brown both sides of the pork chops.
- Remove pork chops when brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same skillet saute corn kernels, green beans, onion and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes stirring well, cook 3-4 minutes more. Set aside.
- Marsala sauce:
- Simmer Marsala, low-sodium chicken broth and water in a medium saucepan for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and cold water, stir until thick.
- To assemble the casserole, coat a large baking dish with cooking spray. Place rice on bottom, then vegetables, last pork chops.
- Top pork chops with marsala sauce, cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until pork is done.
Calories 435, Fat 15.1g, Cholesterol 34mg, Sodium 95mg
Carbohydrates 55.4g, Fiber 5.6g, Sugars 6.4g, Protein 17.1g