1 large onion sliced + 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
4 1-ounce mozzarella cheese slices (optional)
4 hamburger buns
- Heat large saute pan, add olive oil.
- Saute onions over medium low heat, stirring as needed for about 30 minutes.
- While onions are caramelizing, mix garlic, vinegar, oil and basil in small bowl.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Oil grill grate.
- Baste mushroom caps with marinade.
- Grill mushrooms about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn mushrooms over basting with marinade again. Grill another 5-6 minutes.
- Top with cheese during the last minute of grilling.
- Top with your favorite toppings
- If you don't have access to a grill you can broil the mushroom caps. Place a rack on top of a cookie sheet. Place the mushroom caps on the rack and follow the directions above.
Calories 317, Fat 16.0g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 358mg
Fiber 2.6 g, Sugars 4.5g, Protein 14.9g
Calories 231, Fat 10.3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 208mg
Carbohydrates 27.9g, Fiber 2.6g, Sugars 4.3g, Protein 7.5g