8 ounces Rigatoni pasta
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1-1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 teaspoon thyme
1 (14.5 ounce can) no-sodium diced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, cook rigatoni for 5 minutes, drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- When butter has melted, whisk in the flour. When the butter/flour mixture (roux) is smooth, slowly whisk in the milk.
- Raise the temperature to medium, add thyme and let the sauce simmer to thicken, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese to the sauce. Add the pasta, stirring well.
- Pour pasta and sauce into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the other 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir before serving.
Calories 408, Fat 18.8g, Cholesterol 86mg, Sodium 506mg
Carbohydrates 45.5g, Fiber 2.4g, Sugars 6.6g, Protein 15.0g