4-4 ounce sirloin steaks
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh onions
1 tablespoon of each fresh herb: thyme, rosemary and fennel leaves
1/4 teaspoon sea slat and fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place cast iron skillet in oven until hot.
- Combine the garlic, onions, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub herbs on both sides of steak.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven using oven mitts and place it on on stovetop burner.
- Set burner to high heat. Sear steaks for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place skillet back into hot oven and cook until desired doneness. (Make sure you subtract the searing time from the total cooking time.)
- While steaks are cooking, heat butter over medium-low whisking until slightly brown or tan in color. Watch carefully!
- Remove the butter from the heat, it should have a slightly nutty scent and flavor.
- Cover skillet with foil and let steaks sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- When steaks are done, top each with a teaspoon of brown butter.
Total Cooking Times: Rare-7-8 minutes Medium Rare-8-12 minutes Medium-12-16 minutes
Calories 233, Fat 9.1g, Cholesterol 100.9mg, Sodium 221.9mg
Carbohydrates 1.1g, Fiber 0.3g, Sugars 0.0g, Protein 34.6g