3 red bell peppers
2 small onions
1 whole garlic bulb
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
8 ounces pasta shells
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers in half removing the seeds and membranes. Remove the papery outer garlic skin, keeping the inner skin intact. Cut the top 1/4 inch of the bulb exposing the individual cloves.
- Coat the bell peppers, onions and garlic in the olive oil. Wrap the garlic bulb in foil and roast along with the peppers and onions on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- When vegetables have about 15 minutes remaining, bring water to boil in a pasta pot. Cook pasta according to box directions.
- When the vegetables are tender remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the bell peppers and the onions. Squeeze the bottom part of the garlic bulb so the roasted garlic comes out the top.
- Place the bell peppers, onions, garlic, basil, crushed red peppers and yogurt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drain pasta and place into a warm serving dish. Mix the sauce with the pasta shells and top with Parmesan cheese.
Calories 288, Fat 4.9g, Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 155mg
Carbohydrates 44.0g, Fiber 2.5g, Sugars 9.3g, Protein 13.1g