2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
2 bell peppers
3 cups sliced mushrooms
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/8 -1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sherry
1/2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch+1 tablespoon water mixed
- Make sauce in a small saucepan. Simmer chicken broth, vinegar, sherry and soy sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch/water mixture. Stir until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, sauté bell pepper about 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove bell pepper to a plate, sauté mushrooms until just tender. Set aside with the bell pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium, heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet, sauté garlic until golden 1-2 minutes.
- Add, shrimp and crushed red pepper flakes, cooking until shrimp is done. They should be pink in color.
- Add vegetables and sauce to skillet along along with shrimp, stir until well coated and warm.
Calories 216, Fat 7.4g, Cholesterol 162mg, Sodium 231mg
Carbohydrates 10.7g, Fiber 1.9g, Sugars 3.4g, Protein 24.1g