4- 4 to 6 ounce sirloin steaks
freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped herbs (You can also use tarragon, rosemary, chives, or any favorite herb.)
- Set butter out in a small bowl until it becomes soft, do not microwave.
- Mix the butter, garlic, onion, and sage really well.
- Using a knife, mold the herb butter into a rectangle and wrap it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using paper towels, dry the sirloin steaks really well.
- Grind pepper onto both sides of each steak.
- Light the grill. When the coals are ready, put the steaks on the grill diagonally directly over the coals. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn steaks over on the grill diagonally and cook 2 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 making a diamond pattern on the steaks.
- Move the seared steaks to the middle of the grill and cook indirectly for about 10 more minutes. (Check for your preferred doneness.)
- Top each steak with a pat of sage butter and enjoy!
Calories 358, Fat 16.3g, Cholesterol 167mg, Sodium 153mg
Carbohydrates 0.1g, Protein 51,7g
1 pint strawberries, washed and dried (keep the green tops on the strawberries)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use milk chocolate chips)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan heat chocolate chips over low heat until melted, stir occasionally.
- Hold a strawberry by the green top and swirl around in the chocolate until coated.
- Place coated strawberries on prepared cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to eat.
- You can melt more chocolate chips if needed. Just add them to the melted chocolate and stir until melted.