1 red or orange bell pepper
1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
2 cups trimmed fresh snow peas
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Coat pepper with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Cook pepper under broiler, turning until each side is charred. (Watch very closely so the peppers don't burn.)
- Place roasted pepper in a paper bag for 20 minutes, peel the skin off and slice. (You can also place pepper in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.) Slice peppers when cool.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sesame oil.
- Cook mushrooms 1 minute, add snow peas cooking until they are crisp tender.
- Stir in the roasted pepper slices and soy sauce, heat until warm.
Calories 89, Fat 4.8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 231mg
Carbohydrates 8.3g, Fiber 3.1g, Sugar 4.8g, Protein 3.7g