2 bunches fresh spinach (can substitute 2-10 oz packages drained frozen spinach)
2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
tomato sauce (click for recipe)
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place a steaming basket in the bottom of a medium saucepan. Pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom of the pan.
- Place washed spinach inside basket, cover and steam until just wilted. About 5 min.
- Cool and drain water from spinach completely. (Skip this step if using frozen spinach, but make sure to thoroughly drain the spinach.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and spinach. Mix well.
- In the bottom of a 12x8-inch rectangular baking dish spread 1/3 of tomato sauce.
- Cover sauce with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with 1/2 the spinach/cheese mixture.
- Then sprinkle with 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella cheese over the spinach.
- Spread 1/2 the remaining tomato sauce on top of the cheese.
- Top with 3 more uncooked noodles.
- Spread the rest of the spinach/cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top with 1/2 of the rest of the mozzarella.
- Top with the last 3 uncooked noodles and spread with the last of the tomato sauce.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Cover with foil. (Can be refrigerated at this point.)
- Bake 50 min. (or until lasagna noodles are tender). Let stand 5 min. before serving.
- If making ahead, add 5-10 minutes to coo
Nutrition Facts are calculated using my Tomato Sauce Recipe.
Calories 460, Fat 19.5g, Cholesterol 93mg, Sodium 438mg
Carbohydrates 39.6g, Fiber 3.9g, Sugars 6.8g, Protein 30.4g