4 lobster tails (about 6 ounces each, thaw if frozen)
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup white wine
1/2 to 1 cup water
2 whole cloves peeled garlic
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic is tender. Do not brown the butter.
- Slice lobster lengthwise down the middle of the soft shell and about a quarter of the way through the lobster flesh.
- Using a spoon stuff some of the butter and garlic mixture into the sliced lobster flesh.
- In a large saucepan big enough for the 4 lobster tails, pour wine and just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan about half-inch high. Add the whole garlic cloves.
- Put the steaming basket into the saucepan, making sure the liquid in the pan does not touch the holes of the steaming basket.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil, place lobster in steamer basket, cover, and steam for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter and serve with the warmed garlic butter for dipping.
- If the lobster tails are frozen thaw them in a bowl of cool water. Change the water every 10 minutes until thawed.
Calories 231, Fat 12.2g, Cholesterol 155mg, Sodium 498mg
Carbohydrates 2.6g, Sugars 0.5g, Protein 16.5g