1 pound lean ground beef, chicken turkey or pork
1 tablespoon butter (divided)
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cups ketchup (divided)
2 ounces mozzarella or cheddar cheese, cubed
1 cup sliced mushrooms or finely chopped broccoli
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter, saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup ketchup and sauteed onion and garlic, mixing, well.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter and saute mushrooms or broccoli 4-5 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of the meat loaf mixture (1/16th) into the bottom of a mini loaf pan, pressing down firmly. (There should be 8 mini loaves.)
- Divide the cheese evenly and arrange over each loaf.
- Arrange equal amounts of vegetable over cheese.
- Spread equal amounts of remaining mixture on top of loaves. Press down firmly.
- Evenly spread remaining ketchup over the top of each mini load.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 193, Fat 6.5g, Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 390mg
Carbohydrates 12.9g, Fiber 0.7g, Sugars 6.6g, Protein 20.5g