2 medium size zucchini
2 clove chopped garlic
1/2 small chopped onion
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Bring 1" of water in a large skillet to boil.
- Par-boil zucchini cut side down in boiling water about 10 minutes. Zucchini is done when it can be pierced with a fork, (but the outside is still a bit firm).
- Place zucchini on paper towels to dry.
- When zucchini is cool, scoop out pulp from the middle, leaving about 1/4 inch around the bottom and edges of the shell.
- In a medium size bowl mix zucchini pulp, egg, garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, and cheese.
- Place zucchini shells on baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stuff each zucchini shell with the mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Calories 143, Fat 5.9g, Cholesterol 62.7mg, Sodium 165.8mg
Carbohydrate 13.4g, Fiber 2.9g Sugars 3.2g, Protein 10.3g