1 teaspoon olive oil
3 red bell peppers (or 1 jar rinsed and drained roasted red peppers)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1 chopped small onion
14.5 ounce can no-salt added diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 peeled diced potato
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Rub 1 teaspoon olive oil over bell peppers. Place on baking sheet, broil turning so all sides are blackened.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Peel, core, seed, and chop.
- In a large saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and onion, cook until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, thyme, potato, and peppers. Cook until liquid is almost gone, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (If using a standard blender you will have to blend the soup in batches. Make sure to take care when blending hot liquids.)
Based on 4 servings: Calories 141, Fat 5.1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 77mg
Carbohydrates 19.7g, Fiber 4.3g, Sugars 6.8g, Protein 4.7g