6 ounces wide egg noodles
2-1/2 tablespoons butter (divided)
1 chopped small onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
2 chopped celery stalks
6 sliced mushrooms
2 seeded diced small tomatoes
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup low- fat milk
1/2 tablespoon each chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, and oregano
2 cans low-sodium tuna, drained
1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek style yogurt
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper, and celery until tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, cook until tender. Add tomatoes stirring well. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Whisk in flour. When flour is blended, whisk in milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add thyme, rosemary, oregano, tuna, and yogurt to the flour mixture, stir well.
- Stir vegetables into the tuna mixture.
- Drain egg noodles when done. Place the cooked pasta in a baking dish and add the tuna/vegetable mixture.
- Mix very well making sure all pasta is coated.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, cover, and bake 30 minutes.
Calories 318, Fat 11.2g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 210mg
Carbohydrates 24.6g, Fiber 2.4g, Sugars 7.7g, Protein 32.0g