3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup wild rice
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup long grain rice
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- In a small saucepan bring 3/4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 tablespoon butter to boil.
- Add 1/4 cup wild rice, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Drain liquid if necessary. Set rice aside, until ready to use.
- In medium skillet melt butter, add onion and garlic sauteing until tender.
- Add cranberries, carrots, and long grain rice stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add cooked wild rice, stir before serving.
Calories 182, Fat 4.6g, Cholesterol 11mg, Sodium 74mg
Carbohydrates 30.6g, Fiber 1.9g, Sugars 1.9g, Protein 4.5g