Rich, creamy homemade gravy, serve it over baked chicken meat, pork, or potatoes.
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup low-fat milk
2 tablespoons minced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1-1/2 thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Pre-measure flour, chicken broth, and the milk.
- When butter is melted whisk in flour.
- When flour and butter are fully mixed, slowly add milk and chicken broth whisking until smooth.
- Add onion, garlic, and thyme mixing well.
- Add mushrooms and stir until they are coked and the sauce is thickened.