Spicy, Crispy Chicken Legs
Spicy Crispy Chicken Legs
These chicken legs have a nice crispy, crunchy coating without being fried in oil. They are moist with just a hint of spicy red pepper.
8 chicken legs
1 cup milk
1 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 cup flour
1 cup plain non-fat Greek style yogurt
- Marinate the chicken legs in milk for at least 20 minutes. (You can marinate them up to a couple of hours if you wish.)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on top of the foil, and coat the rack with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, ground red pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried mustard.
- Place the flour in another small bowl.
- Finally, in a third small bowl place the yogurt.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain well.
- Lightly flour each chicken leg, then apply a thin coat of yogurt, finally coat each leg with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each leg on the coated wire rack.
- Bake the chicken legs for 25-30 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.